Redmi Note 4G users can now enjoy stock Marshmallow experience with the latest stable CyanogenMod 13. CM13 for Redmi Note 4G is now available for download. The ROM is pretty stable and you can use it as a daily driver.
You must have a custom recovery installed on your smartphone. TWRP or CWM, I’d recommend TWRP for Xiaomi devices. This rom is not personally tested by me. All thanks to developers of this ROM.
Install CM13 for Redmi Note 4G, Experience Android Marshamallow
- Download CM13 for Redmi Note 4G and Google Applications for Android Marshmallow from the link below.
- You must have TWRP installed on your phone.
- Now transfer both the files to root directory of your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone into recovery mode.
Method One – Turn Off your smartphone. Then Press Power Key + Volume Down key simultaneously and select Recovery mode from the options you will see.
Method Two – If you are using MIUI then just navigate to Updater application and select reboot into recovery mode from options in the application. You will find Updater application in MIUI’s tools folder.
- Once inside recovery you must perform a nandroid backup. Use recovery to perform a backup of your current ROM. Later if you wish to revert back if would be easier to restore your phone’s previous state.
- After performing backup navigate to Wipe option.
- Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, User Data, System.
- Perform Wipe Operation. After successful wipe navigate to Install.
- Select Install from Main Menu. Then browse the CM13 zip file for Redmi Note 4G and Flash it. Then again flash Google Applications after ROM is successfully flashed.
- Reboot your smartphone to the system.
- Enjoy Marshmallow on Redmi Note 4G.
First boot takes a lot of time so don’t panic. If you encounter errors don’t worry just comment below.