If you are facing any trouble installing Google Applications like Play Store, Gmail and rest of the applications on your Xiaomi Mi3 or Xiaomi Mi4. This is because the developers ROM is available for Chinese WCDMA users only and that ROM doesn’t support Google Play or any of the application by Google. If you are using MIUI 6 then you have probably faced this kind of problem with your device, frequent app. crashing and inability to access play store.
Since most of the people are facing this kind of issue with MIUI 6 China WCDMA, we have prepared a guide for the same. This is a working method I am currently using play store via this method.
Installing Google PlayStore on Xiaomi Mi3 or Xiaomi Mi4
- Navigate to the market application pre-installed with MIUI 6, then search for “Google” you will see Google Installer then Install that application.
- Once Google Installer is successfully installed on your device launch the application.
- Now Search for Google Play Store and Tap on Install, then you will observe a popup displaying Google Play Store requires Google Service Framework to work. Tap OK and install Google Service Framework.
Then you will see 4-5 applications including Google Service Framework, install all those applications and proceed further.
- After installing Google Service Framework and rest of the apps, install Play Store and log in with your GMail account or sign up for a new account.
- You won’t face any issue from now onwards, If you have migrated from MIUI 5 to MIUI 6 then you will probably facing app crashing problem but don’t panic you can resolve app crashing on Mi3 as well as Mi4 by Wiping Cache and Data in recovery and then installing GApps using the above mentioned procedure.
I hope the above procedure helped you, in case you are stuck do mention in comments we will try to resolve for you.
Update – This method is not working any more because Google Installer is removed from Mi Apps. [Latest] Install Google Play Store and GApps on MIUI 6 on Xiaomi Redmi 1s, Mi3, Mi4 and Redmi Note