MIUI 7 was just released for Xiaomi’s home-grown devices like I have mentioned in the heading. Upgrading from MIUI 5 to MIUI 6 was a worthy and recommended one. We believe MIUI 7 is also going to deliver similar results like MIUI 6. The most common problem people face while installing MIUI 6 or MIUI 7 is they lack a playstore. Since the ROM is in beta stage its more likely focused on Chinese audiences, who don’t use Play Store rather Mi App store instead of it. Earlier it was easy to install Google Application and Playstore on Xiaomi devices because Mi Apps offered an application “Google Installer” which would download the essential files for users. Though it was removed from Mi App Store in January.
Not to worry there is a manual method to install Google Applications and Playstore on MIUI 7.
How to Install Playstore on MIUI 7
- Download Google Applications package for Android v5.1 and Android v4.4.4 from the link below.
- Extract the zip file on your computer/smartphone whatever you may prefer.
- Now browse the extracted zip for “priv-app” folder.
- Inside that folder you will find 8-10 applications, GMSCore.apk (Google Play Services), Framework.apk, Google Login Service.apk, SetupWizard.apk and Phonesky.apk (PlayStore). Basically install all the applications inside the folder “priv-app”
- Please don’t open any application till all the applications for the folder are installed. Its very important Playstore won’t work if you.
- If you have done fresh installation of MIUI 7 then this method will absolutely work. But if you updated your smartphone from MIUI 5 or MIUI 6 to MIUI 7 and facing playstore crashing issues then you need to factory reset your smartphone and install google apps from the guide above.
I hope it works for you because living without playstore is quite harsh. 😛 Enjoy and do comment your experience.
Update – Here is out guide to install Google Play store and Google Play services for MIUI 8.